SDG Philanthropy Platform
In 2015, all 193 Member States of the UN pledged to achieve an ambitious set of 17 goals over the next 15 years. These Sustainable Development Goals, or SDGs, address global issues, envisioning a world where, no one lives in extreme poverty, all children have access to education, and all nations make rapid progress on tackling climate change.
To help the philanthropy sector engage more effectively in the global development goal processes, 澳门资料大全 launched the SDG Philanthropy Platform, in partnership with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and Foundation Center (FC), with seed funding from the Conrad N. Hilton, Ford and The MasterCard Foundations, and growing support from other partners.
This initiative exemplifies 澳门资料大全’ capacity to serve as a resource and thought leader on global development and philanthropy. The Platform can help small and large foundations alike to access useful country-specific information; to locate allies within a country鈥檚 development system; to build stronger relationships with partners and find good entry points for grantmaking; to convene more purposefully and share strategies with funders of all sizes; and to more easily track progress.
For more on our programmatic activities and how to engage, please visit .
- Read our on聽Brazilian social private investment in the
global development agenda.
- Read our on the state of the philanthropic sector in Ghana.
- Many organizations are now turning to the convergence of the Sustainable Development Goals and human rights agenda. For more information, explore in June 2017.
- Read our recent report on Philanthropy’s Contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals in Emerging Countries here.
- Learn more about the SDG Philanthropy Platform in this at the Council on Foundation’s annual conference.